Which way up?
The Chinook rotors also took while in the building
starting with the blades
again, graphite grey
but this time the mounts are black
Then, the decals were applied, these go on the underside only, so the blades were carefully laid out and the instructions double and triple checked, cause I have made the mistake in the past of painting the wrong sides of the blades and having to respray.
all done correctly.
Or so I thought. When it came to assembling the blades to the rotor heads I discovered that the Chinook (Not surprisingly) has contra rotating blades. So three of tehm actually had the decals on top. No clue to this in the instructions at all! very poor marks Mr Revell!
Fortunately, with the aid of some micro set I was able to tease off the decals and replace them on the correct side (After they had been setting for 24 hours) and a quick blow over with the airbrush repaired the damage to the paintwork tolerably well.
This shot is before the spray over as you can see.